First of all, let me begin with how skeptical I am when it comes to Retellings.How is it even possible to re-enact a story with a little twist and expecting me to love it? That’s simply impossible! Secondly, I don’t really enjoy Sci-fi, (I know, I know). The idea of blending my beloved fairy tales with sci-fi elements was a complete turn off for me. Third, I did not like the cover of Cinder, so I avoided it until my friend Tamil raved about this series on Facebook. Also, Leon from the awesome Bookalicious recommended this strongly!
LET ME SHARE WITH YOU MY TOP 8 REASON OF WHY I LOVED THE LUNAR CHRONICLES AND WHY YOU SHOULD START READING THEM NOW!
- Marissa Meyer is a genius, one of the most admirable qualities in her is her story-telling abilities. Like anyone else, I love fast paced stories. Despite being 500-800 pages long, her stories progresses really fast, and it’s an effortless page turner.
- The world building in here is beyond stupendous. They live in a world which is exceptionally advanced. You will be seeing handful of cyborgs, androids, portscreens (I’m guessing it’s like iPad) and they basically travel in something much cooler than cars, imagine that!
- I love her choice of Disney Princesses, although I wish Belle were in it because well, she is my favorite. However, in here, you will be seeing, Cinder- Cinderella, Scarlet – Red Riding Hood, Cress – Rapunzel, Winter – Snow White. Their characters weaved so well and I for one enjoyed how they all come together in the end.
- Moon is a primary subject in this series and as we all know, Moon is inhabitable, it’s incredible how Meyer pulled it off, after all it’s a book, right?
- My favorite ship is The CRESSWELL. It’s adorable to see Cress & Thorne’s relationship budding from mere crush to couples being hopelessly in love. *squeal*
- This is a no-nonsense kick-ass action packed series, despite the romance. There’s a lot of strategizing, fighting, action which I grew to love!
- The intriguing villainess. This is the kind of character you will love to hate.
- I have massive soft corner for dear, darling IKO. I am attracted to her personality and to me; IKO is the DOBBY for The Lunar Chronicles. ‘nuff said.
So, I’d say it’s high time for you to pick up this awesome series, if you haven’t already. Share with me your thoughts on TLC, and we’ll talk further! Have a good day guys!